Monday, February 6, 2012

Halfway there...

I am officially 8 weeks and five days from M-Day. That means my training is pretty much at the halfway point. This freaks me out a little more than I like to admit, because I am currently missing something: my motivation.



When I started training 7 weeks ago (and even during my pre-training training), there were plenty of days that getting out the door wasn't high on my list. Lately though I have been dreading it... and even after a couple of miles I'm still thinking about my couch. I know this is just a phase, and my drive will soon return. I look forward to that, but until then, may I just say uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!

I had to get that out of my system. I know negativity isn't becoming, and it's definitely counterproductive when it comes to my training. I still go on my runs, but I perform so much better when I actually want to be there. I would take any tips out there that could get me out of this funk!

Until my motivation is back on track, I'll keep racking up the miles, but I won't necessarily enjoy it every step of the way.

This week's training schedule is posted below, and you can check out the latest NBC29 Marathon Monday segment here. Have a great week!

Sunday- Off (or non-weight bearing exercise)
Monday- Off (or non-weight bearing exercise)
Tuesday- Run 5 miles
Wednesday- Run 4 miles
Thursday- Run 5 miles
Friday- Off (or non-weight bearing exercise)
Saturday- Run 10 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment